Monday 14 November 2011

Who Invited the Tiger? : 150 words

This piece is just one form of writing copy. In this piece of work I had to cut down 14 paragraphs of Russell Brand and Katy Perry's wedding into just 150 words. I did this by reading through their 14 paragraph wedding and summarising it into 14 sentences. I expanded a bit on each sentence but I managed to keep to the word restriction easily because I already had summaries which I could look at and expand on slightly.
This is my work below:
Who Invited the Tiger?
Katy Perry and Russell Brand’s wedding proved to be quite a lavish event involving a party pooper who was in the form of a man-eating tiger! He gate crashed the wedding giving the newly wedded couple quite a fright! Hopefully, the tiger Russell bought Katy won’t be as terrible as the gate crasher! The couple strictly demanded privacy and won’t be selling their wedding pictures to OK! Magazine and are ignoring the rumours which are spreading fast. The wedding took place in India with only family and close friends as guests. As far as wedding presents go, these ones took the biscuit! Katy Perry bought Russell a baby elephant while he bought her a ruby! Let’s hope this elephant doesn’t cause quite as much ruckus as the gate crashing tiger! Among guests was a fortune telling parrot who foresaw good things....are you sure about that? Let’s hope the wedding lasts....

2 comments:

  1. Love the sense of humour you have injected into this

    Well done

    DISTINCTION
    Mr Monahan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Khadijat, could you please upload your Kim Kardashian articles so that I can mark them too? I'm sure they're also excellent!

    Thanks
    Mr Monahan

    ReplyDelete