Saturday 7 April 2012

Sports Agony Aunt

This piece of work was completed in Word by me as a later development to the magazine project. This is it below:

Ask Khadijat!
Dear Khadijat,
I was swimming the other day, just enjoying myself. Then my bikini strap broke! I flushed red and I dashed out of the swimming pool as fast as I could because everyone was staring at me. I haven’t been able to step foot into a swimming pool because of this embarrassment. Please help me get over my fear!
Louise, 16
Dear Louise,
Your embarrassment at this issue is natural but you have to put into your mind that you are not the only one who has been through this dilemma. You should also wear swimming costumes with thick, strong straps so as not to go through this again. I will also send you my leaflet on Sporty Embarrassments to help you get through this.
Dear Khadijat,
I am not a sporty person but I have decided to take karate lessons to get a boy I really fancy to notice me but it still hasn’t worked and I’m not really enjoying the lessons. What do I do?
Kathy, 14
Dear Kathy,
If you don’t like karate then you shouldn’t do it and there’s no point in trying to impress a boy who doesn’t even know you exist! I would suggest you still do sports but try a sport you’d think you’d enjoy. I will send you my leaflet on Dating by Sport to help you with this issue.
Dear Khadijat,
I am really upset because every time we play sports, I always end up being picked last for every team because I am short, small, skinny and I wear glasses. I am actually not bad at sports but no one ever gives me a chance because they tell me to stay out of their way or expect getting beaten up. I walk home almost every day with bruises all over my body. Please help!
James, 13
Dear James,
These are just mean bullies! You need to take some self defence lessons like karate or taekwondo to be able to defend yourself from them so that they know that you are not someone to be messed with. You also need to show them your potential at sports because they are stereotyping you as a nerd which is why they think that you are not good at sports. I’ll send you my leaflet on Sports at School to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment